Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Some great resources

   If you're interested in truck driving -- and a lot of my students have been -- this site  has some useful information about companies that are willing to hire ex-offenders.  It also spells out what felonies will  disqualify you.   It's written by a truck driver who really knows his stuff -- so he doesn't mess around when it comes to telling you what truck companies will put up with and what they won't. 

I also have to give a shout out to the Rethinking Reentry blog, which this  week  introduced me to my newest favorite website, the National Reentry Resource Center.  For the longest time I've been looking for a site that pulls together not only the best sources of help for ex-offenders, but also some of the best practices and best thinking about how to assist former felons in rebuilding their lives.   And now I've found it.  Check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment